Pages

Witchcraft: The Second



This shot was taken on the same day as the previous post, and was inspired by similar influences: dark films, art and photography. With this shot I also blended my new digital art skills with photography; layering pastels and paint strokes on top of the photo. The sky was originally a stark white; created from the glare of the foggy day. However, I added tan and grey hues to mirror the eerie imagery. I also painted blue into the sky to contrast the gold tones of the shot. I loved the smokey effect my painting had upon the sky, and continued the look by adding chalky, light grey smoke by my mouth; as if I was breathing it out. I also used a wet media brush to add paint stokes jetting out from my fingers, like scratch marks. I find the overall effect of the work positively haunting. I think the blending of photography and art created a great deal of depth in the piece; allowing the viewer to experience layers of imagery that a single unedited photo could not provide. I'm very excited to explore this art style further. Enjoy the shot! A few more from the series yet to come :)


xx

Rachel Lynne








follow me on bloglovin'


12 comments:

  1. Beautiful picture!

    XoXo
    Plami

    http://fashion-thrill.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep H&M :)))) I just love flowers... :)))

    XoXO
    Plami

    http://fashion-thrill.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing!

    im now your follower
    hope you'll follow me back!

    --Michelle (singer from Korea)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is so pretty and it's really haunting indeed. Love it!
    Thanks for visiting!

    xoxo Sootjeelina <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. that image is so beautiful I'm totally following you please follow me too :)

    http://www.ohmydior.org/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there, nice blog you have.
    I want you to look at mine as well , I belive you will love it!

    Fosco

    www.thefashionist.se

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooooooh wow this is truly beautiful!

    Char x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This photo is absolutely drop dead gorgeous, in a sinister way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was heart broken when my husband dumped me for another girl, i was really in love with him without him i was empty until i contacted Dr Babaologun for a love binding spell, he cast a spell for me to get my husband back and my husband came back after 3days when he cast the spell i will advise any one in any kind of problem to contact Dr Babaologun for any kind of spell on his email: babaologunspiritualtemple@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the lovely comments, I'll be sure to return the favor! Don't forget to follow<3

-Rachel Lynne

Related Posts with Thumbnails